Monday, July 20, 2009



They were living in the Sweet Spot of God's Grace. A place where everything they did was for Him, a place where all God's people were welcomed and loved. A place where what you wore to church didn't matter, how you sounded singing hymns didn't matter. All that mattered was that you were there on Sundays for worship, fellowship and to learn about God. That's what the Sweet Spot is all about. I knew that they were in it, I could see it in everything they did. I could see that they had what I wanted and had been looking for all those years. What I didn't know, was how I could be in it too.

Well, as it would happen, one Sunday night during Bible study, they showed a movie called "The Hiding Place", based on the book by Corrie Tenboom. Corrie Tenboom was a survivor of a Nazi concentration camp during WWII. It's a very powerful film about her life in teh concentration camp, and how she learned to rely on God, when all attempts at getting human intervention failed. I rembered one line that Corrie said "How foolish of me to call for human help, when You alone are here.". That's really what struck me in this film, in the most horrible, deplorable place imaginable, Corrie and the women around her studied their bibles in secret, continually called out for God, and were granted inner peace when the world around them was falling apart. I thought that if they could call out for God and be saved, so could I. All I had to do was call upon Him, I did, and was saved. By the time I returned home 3 months later, I felt that I was in the Sweet Spot, and would never leave it. In just 3 short months I had gone from seeking God alone, to living in the Sweet Spot of His Grace. It was a tremendous progression. The problem was, by the time I got back to my normal life, I didn't know how to STAY in theSweet Spot of His grace.

No comments: