Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New York City

While in New York, I had the opportunity to attend lectures by designers like Bob Mackie and Oscar de la Renta, I was able to experience some fo the biggest names in the industry: Saks Fifth Avenue, Liz Claiborne, and Ralph Lauren. I saw first hand some of the most famous models in the world including Naomi Campbell, Iman and others. But while there, I don't remember ever feeling in the Sweet Spot. Isn't that something? NYC and the fashion industry is considered to be one of the THE MOST exciting things on earth, and yet it didn't have what I was seeking. I knew that I could never live there and be truly happy. So after I graduated from FIT at Radio City Music Hall, I returned to Wisconsin.
In June of 1990, Father Bill married us in the Episcopal Church and our married life began. Shortly after the wedding we moved to Chicago, where I had a job as a lingerie designer, and Bruce worked for Lord and Taylor. We enjoyed the lifestyle of the city, but were unable to find a place of worship that we were comfortable with. That Sweet Spot was ever so elusive. So, when the opportunity came for a job in Green Bay, we moved back to Wisconsin.

No comments: